Something NEW is coming to Louisville July 24th that we hope will begin to shape politics into a new, solutions-oriented path, and YOU can be a part of it!
This new event will be held on Tuesday July 24, 2012 from 6:30 to 8:15 PM at Creative Workshop 1205 E Washington St, #101, Louisville, KY and is called “TACKLE with TAC4 – Where we tackle the issues and not each other.”
Co-sponsors include the following:
- TAC4 Solutions
- Louisville Tea Party and Louisville Move On Council
- Center for Non-Profit Excellence
- VictoryPoll (www.victorypoll.com)
At the monthly event, two panelists with opposing views will engage in dialogue about a political topic. Panelists for our first event will be:
- Keith Rouda, Regional Organizer for Kentucky, MoveOn.org
- Larry Hausman, former Louisville Tea Party board member
The topic discussed by the panelists will be: “Can we fix the national debt if we don’t fix the issue of money in politics?”
The audience will vote to determine a “winner” based on two criteria: 1) compelling arguments for their views and 2) adherence to the Seven Ground Rules for Political DiscourseTM:
- Show respect, assuming good motives
- Do not complain without offering solutions
- Blame the process, not the person
- Clarify opinion from fact
- Where there are moral philosophical differences, clarify without accusation and move on
- Outline realistic action steps for your views
- Hold yourself and others accountable to words and commitments with consequences
Each panelist will choose a non-partisan charity and all proceeds will be split between the two worthy causes (with the charity designated by the “winner” receiving a higher percentage).
The event is open to the first 80 registrants. Cost is $8 if you pre-register here http://www.cnpe.org/learnings/a05C000000ADKIFIA5 Cost is $10 at the door. Please print the confirmation page on the registration site and bring with you to the event as a “ticket” for entrance.
For additional information, please check our website, Facebook page, and blog.
Feel free to send this to anyone who might be interested so we can get the word out! If you are interested in helping out with this event, contact me at the number below.
Thanks and hope that you register for the event on the 24th. Let’s show Louisville that we CAN respect people who disagree with us on difficult issues and work TOGETHER to find good solutions.
T. Alan Claypool